|Formation||Becket (clockwise progression)|
|Difficulty||Intermediate to Advanced|
(8) Circle 3/4; then pass through
(8) Gypsy the one you meet (2nd neighbor)
(8) Allemande your neighbor by the left 1-1/2
(8) Gypsy the one you meet (previous neighbor)
(16) Balance and swing your neighbor
(8) Circle 3/4; then lead to the next with the lady in the lead*
(8) Swing your partner
The gypsies should be done in the English style.
The end effects - the ends continue to dance treating your partner as your neighbor.
*Or circle 3/4; swing parter while traveling up or down the set to the next position.
Teaching tip: Have the dancers identify their neighbor just before the pass through.
This dance was written for two friends of ours (Bonnie & Mike Voss) of whom it was said "It's a foregone conclusion that they would marry". The dance was written on January 27, 1998.
© 1998 by Dale Rempert; used by permission. All rights reserved.Sharon Rempert, email@example.com. Last updated [an error occurred while processing this directive].